Plans were made on a whim many moons ago, but if there is a strength of this family, it is whimsy. Plans were floated around about heading south to some friends' house with other friends to spend the fourth together since we all kinda like each other and pretty much miss each other! Our communal quest began together in a small group through our church. Other couples have come and gone, even the couples in this group have come and gone! It makes my heart so warm when we all are able to find time to spend together, because this is pure goodness! Jesus smiling goodness, no doubt!
 |
| She is fiercely awesome! |
 |
| Yep! |
 |
| What goes around, comes around. Life lessons! |
 |
| Ma ladies! |
 |
| For sure, he is riding a blowup shark with a cape on... for he, too, is fiercely awesome! |
 |
| Did I mention I think he is awesome? |
I found myself pondering a bit whilst our children played together, laughed together, ate together, attempted to fall asleep together in close quarters (EPIC failure)... I don't think we could have imagined this amount of magic 8 years ago. Though that is what this is... MAGIC... Jesus anointed magic!
 |
| Oh to know what these two were talking about... |
 |
| For serious... adorbs! |
 |
| Girlies! |
 |
| Trouble! |
 |
| What's a 4th of July pool party without pudding pops? Nowhere I would want to be. That's what! |
Oh, and did I mention that we did celebrate America, and did what many other thankfully free American parents naturally did: trapped our children in the bed of a Ford pick-up and set off "fireworks" (such as the Poopin' Puppy)! Becuase... 'merica!
 |
| You're welcome! |
 |
| This is all it took... |
 |
| All good things must come to an end, an ugly end at that! |
 |
| If this picture doesn't sum up awesome, then I don't know awesome! |
 |
| Precious sweetness! |
 |
| Once the chickadees where FINALLY slumbering the parents partook in CAKE! |
I think it is safe to say that we all left with the sense that whimsy shall parlay itself into tradition, because we need to force this magic on our children for years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment