There are so many emotions flying around these parts this evening, for this is the eve of all things babes and school! How did this happen? When did this happen? Is there some way that I could possibly convince the powers that be that I am not ready for my spawn to enter the world of the education?! I must admit that I seem to be the only one in this family of four that feels any sort of apprehension, at least to the degree that it is affecting my ability to accomplish any sort of task. I may or may not have had a conversation (with my concerned spouse) that involved some simple, yet very wrong, math and the near collision with a floor lamp on Armour Rd. For real, though... I am a mess!
My boy, my sweet boy, starts preschool this year. He is excited, yet indifferent, with a splash of "do I have to?" MY boy!
On the other extreme (which is where this family functions) there is this girl. She is STOKED! Beyond stoked, she is giddily over-the-moon about starting kindergarten! My prayer is that this feeling hangs with her every first day of school!
Then there is this guy... DONE! D-O-N-E, DONE! Rest my Love, rest!
After the ice cream had been eaten, the jams dawned, the teeth brushed, the stories read, the tears held back, the cuddles cuddled for this mama's benefit, the little man took his last look at the sky only to find a promise in the sky! There was a big, stormy, double rainbow in the sky the night MAK was born. Some of you sent us pictures of rainbows in the sky during our long hospital stay with our girl. And tonight, when emotions are high... a double rainbow in the sky... MAGIC!
And this was her response...
"It's incredible!"
Yes, Baby, it is incredible!
Oh this made me cry. I miss that kid, and I'm so right there with you- these kids need to go down a gear or two, slow down just a bit, let me catch my breath. Thinking and praying for you, yesterday, today, and all week.
ReplyDelete