Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Oh No He Dit-n't

He did it. He went and turned five on me. Why can't they just stay little? Over the last few days we have looked through some old pictures and videos of the kids as babies, it has been so fun, and so sweet, and yet reminds me that those moments of them as babies are just that, moments!



There are times when I am teasing my boy and begging him to stay four and he looks me in the eyes and says, "I just can't Mama. I don't know how." The look in his eyes is deep sadness and willingness to do anything that would make me happy in that moment. For my boy feels all things deeply. Though, mostly he just tries to run away yelling, "I'm going to be five! I'm going to be five and you can't stop me!" #TRUTHS





As I have stated before August is a tough month for this teacher-mama and therefore my emotions run on full throttle, but I am beside myself coming to terms with my baby being five and starting kindergarten in a matter of days! I refuse, I refuse to not have a baby!
My prayer for "my baby" and his sweetheart soul remain the same, "Lord, keep his heart soft and slightly broken. Keep him close and kind. Keep him safe and adventurous. Keep him young at heart and full of magics. Keep him sad for those in need and seeking for ways to help. Keep him!"












I will now be in the corner using an ice pack to quell my barking ovaries! Good luck, Self, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment