I know I think this every year but how are you [twelve] years old? Often we look at you and are amazed at how grown up you look and occasionally act. Twelve just seems so young and yet right on the edge of teenager and mostly I feel unprepared and also very ready to get this "party started." Likely having the babies has made the latter part a reality. I no longer have to be worried that my kids are growing up too fast and going to leave me before I am ready... now by the time it actually happens I will be beyond ready.
You are the first baby, you are the guinea pig, you are the "whelp, we'll do better/different with the next ones." You are also, the most forgiving, and gracious, and kind and seem to breezily handle the lot you were handed.
On top of your birth order issues, 2020 handed you a handful of trash. First, your 11th birthday was spent in quarantine, sling-shoting Little Debbie's to friends in the park. Then, school was spent in the dining room with your brother at the other end of the table. Then we went zero places over the summer and weren't able to "people," which is your greatest love. Then surgery #5. Ugh, we were not expecting that. Here we went six years passed the expected replacement age only to have open heart surgery during a pandemic. Drama much?
However, as with all things, you are handled your OHS like a boss! Just like the first round, all those years ago, so much good came out of the experience. You, for one! Also, the reminder of who is really running this show (G.O.D.), we often need a little putting-in-our-places. The reminders of the power of prayer and of community and of love. You my dear are so very loved by all those you have shared air with. Your confounding abilities to draw people to you and together are #goals I could never... I don't even have words for it, but I know I am not good at it. I have said it before and I will say it again, I want to be just like you when I grow up!
We love you x infinity, sugar lump, Mimi-girl! You are a true beauty!

A truly beauty indeed!
ReplyDelete