Friday, April 11, 2014

My Bad Imagination Did It!

6:02 a.m. April 11, 2014 I was introduced to MAK's "bad imagination." From what I can tell her "twin sister" is no long with us and/or has transmogrified into a "bad imagination." This morning, as is my usual morning routine, I was headed downstairs for my humanizing first cup of coffee when MAK began calling out for her dad. Being the kind and selfless soul that I am at 6:02 a.m. I spared my love from the early rise and went in myself. Once inside the room I sat myself on the bed and began scampering through my mind to find a way that could get my five-year-old to quietly go back to sleep. But then it happened, "Mama, sooooo, my bad imagination was flushing sparkle down the toilet." Brain scampering took an about face turn to "bad imagination?" "flushing?" "sparkle?" is this real? Was she just dreaming or is this a fancy/innocent way of telling me she flushed something inappropriate down the toilet?

"MAK, were you sleeping when you did this?"
"I didn't do it, my bad imagination did it!"
"Who or what is 'sparkle'?"
heavy, frustrated sighing "Twilight Sparkle, the pony!"
"Wait, you flushed a pony down the toilet?!"
"NOOO, my bad imagination did! Actually... I think it went like this. Sy was on the little potty and pushed the flusher and then Sy was pushing Twilight Sparkle harder and harder into the toilet."
"Were your eyes closed when this happened? Were you asleep?"
"Well, yeah..."
"Praise the Jesus!"

I need a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment