Thursday, April 10, 2014

This boy l call "Bud"

So there is this little boy, I call him "Bud" and he melts my heart on a daily basis! Those steel blue eyes and that blonde buzz cut are a combination that makes me cave most every time. I am trying with all my might to soak this up while it remains innocent. You know, before he learns the true extent of this magic he has over me.


One of the greatest magics this little man has is the "theater of his mind."  He has one of the best imaginations...EVER! He wakes up and hits the ground in a land that no one else has ever been too.  Occasionally he invites us in. As in the other morning when I walked out of my closet and onto a pirate ship! This pirate ship set sail about 6:50 in the A.M.!!! A wee bit earlier than I typically set sail but hey it was a pajama party pirate ship and it brought magic to the start of my day! That boy!



Speaking of traveling, this guy travels in style...his own style...which is magical to say the least.



I love being asked to join him on his "mind's stage," I try to never refuse the opportunity. Not that I haven't but I can only guess that when Mama and Daddy join him "on stage" it simply reinforces the magic and keeps it alive! I pray that he maintains a commitment of imagination for. like. EVER!! So Mama and Daddy will continue to walk the plank at 6:50 in the A.M. and will continue to dress silly and plead the awesomeness of the outfit and will slay the dragons and ride the horses and "sword" and shoot any and all things, because no matter how old Mama and Daddy are, we maintain our commitment to imagination as well!





"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage." C.S. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment